Thursday, August 28, 2008

Post-workout dinner

We joined the MAC gym in Harbor East, and let me tell you - it's ridiculous. I'd been warned by a colleague that it was going to feel like a spa and I was never going to want to leave. Kath, you nailed it. I spent 2.5 hours there my first day. However, between paying for parking and its really tempting location next to the Whole Foods, this gym could quickly begin to accrue costs greater than just the monthly dues.

Now after a workout, I'm typically not very hungry. However, since Joe and I worked out together last night, he needed something more substantial to eat. I only wanted a light dinner after working my tail off on the Mt. Everest machine (my name for this glute-working masterpiece where I feel like I'm going to climb through the roof). 

Like the giant suckers that we are, we popped into Whole Foods AND Bin 604 (I swear the wine was screaming our names!), and Joe treated me to a perfect post-workout meal at home:
  • 3 ounces of grilled sockeye salmon seasoned with basil, served over three crisp lettuce leaves and lightly drizzled with homemade blueberry/lemon rind reduction (God bless my boyfriend)
  • Thick slices of fresh heirloom tomatoes
  • Steamed asparagus lightly drizzled with fake butter
  • Heart-healthy Cono Sur Carmenere - a note on this wine. According to its website, Cono Sur is the first vineyard in the world to achieve global CarbonNeutral delivery status on all its global exports of Cono Sur and Isla Negra wines. This means CO2 emissions have been measure and balanced to net zero through Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction projects. Good for them! Cheers to drinking green!
Tell me this meal doesn't beat a protein shake.

No comments: