Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cooking class with mom

For our mom's birthday this past August, my sister and I signed the three of us girls up for a cooking class at The Seasonal Cook in Charlottesville. (We picked C'ville because it's just over the mountain from where my parents live). The theme for our cooking class was Fall Apple Harvest.


Our instructor was Ingrid Bergen, a renowned local cook and private chef. (She used to work for the Kluge family, if any of you are familiar with their wines).






The class was limited to 12 guests, and from 6-10pm, we enjoyed watching Ingrid prepare a gorgeous meal for us centered around Virginia heirloom apples, like the Black Twig, that she'd picked up at the Virginia Apple Festival the week before. So bummed I missed that, but it's on my radar for next year!


Apple and fennel salad with chives. So light and fresh!


Porkchop with apple mash and greens.
Apple crepe with creme fraiche. My wonderful sis, Erika.


Wines were from local Virginia vineyard, Rappahannock Cellars. We had a great girl time and even learned a few things in between chatter! The group instruction was a great setting for going out with groups of friends. Everyone was super friendly and seemed to be regulars. I guess The Seasonal Cook is on to something good!




















1 comment:

Unknown said...

The cooking class was wonderful, and again as someone who does not cook it made me actually want to cook! Next year or when we decide to do another class Meghan we need to do a hands on class for ALL of us:)